Sunday, February 21, 2010

Not quite a Baker's Dozen

Today I spent the afternoon elbow deep in scrapbooking supplies and I could not have been happier. I created four layouts-a very small number for me. Usually I bang out 8-9 in an afternoon but today I felt like leisurely creating a few pieces using the Baker's Dozen kit from Studio Calico. I also finished a layout for the Ali Edwards course I took in the Fall but haven't gotten around to finishing yet.

I tried to scan and stitch them in photoshop so they aren't the best quality. I haven't gotten the hang of it just yet. I think I have to be more diligent in the scanning process. But I was just too excited to get them up on the blog to bother going back and fixing it all up. So without further ado...here they are.

This is the Ali layout from her course Yesterday & Today. It's the story of Matthew & I and the beginning of 'us'. I have to admit I LOVE this layout. Both photos are fantastic. Even M was impressed with this one.


This layout was the first one I made using Baker's Dozen. The scallop on the right is a new acrylic stamp from Studio Calico. I love it! I am also in love with the American Crafts chipboard 'regards' letters. They are so cute. This photo is old, old, old. It actually fell off of a layout from my early scrapbooking days yesterday when I was rearranging albums on a shelf. So, I used the opportunity to use it to create a new layout. It's all the Newfoundland girls from camp during the summer of 2004. There were only 8 of us. Hard to believe that last summer there were 17 of us. We've come such a long way.


This is a combo of two 3*4 pictures of M & I on our wedding day in our most fashionable outfits. I love both these photos. I used the Basic Grey lace cut paper to create an accent there at the bottom. I love how it turned out too.

This last one was WAY out of my comfort zone. I had to trim the edges in photoshop because it looked kind of funny when I stitched it. But you can get an overall idea none the less.

I used Tattered Angels mist to create the red splattered effect and some number stamps with black Adirondack ink. I also used a ton of orange which is a colour I rarely buy or use! Despite all of this I love how it turned out. It looks great and it tells a fun story too. This picture is another old one from June 2007 when our group of friends were heading separate ways in 'life'.


That's a little glimpse into my Sunday afternoon. Hope you enjoyed viewing as much as I enjoyed creating.

xoxo
K

1 comment: