Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Summery of Camp

So I've officially finished my summer album about camp. For anyone who doesn't know, each summer I head to camp in the Catskills of New York state for 7 weeks. This summer was my 9th at camp and it was a good one. Here are a few photos of some of my favourite pages of the album. Unfortunately, I can't include all pages because they have some photos of the campers and that wouldn't be fair to publish without parental permission.


The album is an 8*8 American Crafts album. This first page is an 8*8 about one of my favourite nights at camp: the Staff Talent Show.

IMG_2827

This one is the night the campers had a spa night with their 'big and little sisters'. I'm wearing a face mask in this photo with my best friend Daniela-my rock at camp!

IMG_2829

Love this because it's funny. Daniela is eating pudding (her fav camp snack) out of the industrial size can and the other side is one of my favourite activities "Clue" that runs like a board game. This year's theme was TWILIGHT. The kids LOVED it!

IMG_2830

I like the layout on the left. I used those K & Company frames for the two photos and I love how it turned out-very cinema-like and appropriate for a crazy day off in NYC.

IMG_2831

I used the Jenni Bowlin 'July' calendar for one of my days. I structured this album much like a 'December Daily' album with bits and pieces built into it for added dminension and interest.

IMG_2832

These are some of my favourite people at camp. Camp is my second home and therefore my second family!

IMG_2833

The final page is like the final night-the last thing I want to remember. We have a burning of the year and some speeches. We sang a beautiful song and there were lots of tears.

IMG_2834

Here's to another wonderful summer at camp. Summer 2010 was amazing!

xoxo
K

p.s: working on the 'Bermuda Bound' album today. Look for some pictures of that one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment