Saturday, October 2, 2010

5 for Friday

1. It's been a busy week here on the homefront. My 'Week in the Life' will be pretty packed. We had parent-teacher meetings at school and a spirit day. I had to try on bridesmaid dresses and Sunday will be M's birthday. I'll be sure to post some of my layouts when they're all completed.

2. Here's a card that I created last weekend on a whim. This card was made out of scraps from a few layouts using Studio Calico kits and their Documentary line. Our neighbours just had their first little baby boy named Tyson. He's tiny and just the cutest. I can't wait to babysit!

IMG_2976

3. I made a few layouts too. I had a hard time finishing this layout. For some reason I struggled with the design. But i'm happy with how it turned out. It's a bit of a departure from my regular style.

IMG_3005

This one is ridiculous! I love the classic "High School Musical" pose but i need a little practice. The photos here are ridiculous jumping photos from an evening on the beach with Matthew. I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous I look in them. If you can't laugh at yourself what can you do?

IMG_3010

4. In other news, today began LOAD. It's a layout of the day class so to speak where you create something i.e layout, card, mini-page every day for a month. This month I'm going to try to churn out 31 things. I am going to attempt to make something every day but I'm not betting on it because I have a few trips planned this month to Syracuse and Newfoundland. But I figure I can manage 31 things. So tonight I created a few pages but I need some daylight to take a photos. Check back soon to see those.

5. I got this book: Run Like a Mother today. I am totally pumped to read/peruse it. Cathy Z is obsessed with it and she's all about the running these days! I'm hoping for some inspiration.

Happy Friday!

xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment