Monday, March 7, 2011

Project: Oh Baby! Part Deux

There's been progress today at my scrapbooking table. I completed Part 2, the baby album, of a baby gift I am giving a friend of mine who is due next week! To see part 1, go here!

Without further a due here are a few pics of the album...

I used a 6*6 American Crafts album and a bunch of old Studio Calico products from old kits. It's really a giant mish-mash of products so I won't go into too much detail about what I used suffice it to say I used up a ton of old scraps and products!

IMG_5443

I kept it simple since neither of my friends are scrapbookers themselves. I wanted something that wasn't overwhelming for them. The opening page looks like this. The line beneath the title is for the baby's name. Note: the pink + blue combo-they don't know what they're having! ;)

IMG_5444

Then I chose pattern papers that coordinated with each of the colors on the onesies. It's just one 6*6 piece of paper. On each page is a punched circle and the number of the month. I stamped the same number on a tag and left it plain for the parents to include notes.

IMG_5445

I haven't adhered the tag to the paper because I'm going to suggest that the parents tuck the tag behind the photo. I'm going to include some double sided tape in their gift bag as well to make that process easy!

That's it! I have to drop it off later this week before the baby comes! I'm so excited for them. I hope they enjoy chronicling their baby's first year of life in this way!

xoxo
K

2 comments:

  1. This looks like it's going to be so special! I love using up older product/scraps for albums like this. I know your friend will adore this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is going to love this! I made my cousin one last year and it was well received! I loved using up tons of scraps and older products, too.

    ReplyDelete