Tuesday, May 24, 2011

3 Day Weekend's Rock

So we had a great weekend! There was some sunshine, great food, good company & even some scrapbooking.

Saturday we went for a walk in Westburo and it was HOT. We both got sunburned. Oops. I took along my Instax and captured some of the fun 'all in an instant'. Here's one shot that I scanned.

you&me 6

Of course, life wouldn't be complete without a few Hipstamatic Iphone photos either!

We ate at Hintonburger. It was yummy. It was Ottawa's version of the Shake Shack.

IMG_0706

IMG_0701

IMG_0705

We continued our quest to find delicious cupcakes in Ottawa and visited both Thimblecakes & Second Avenue Sweets. Alas, we're still looking.

IMG_0709

IMG_0729

We met up with our great friends Allison & Paul and had dinner at Savanna Cafe. It was delicious and we had a great time!

IMG_0714

IMG_0710

IMG_0720

And the warm weather inspired M's Sunday night meal-lobster and crab legs.

IMG_0727

And then there was some scrapbooking. There's a theme. See if you can find it.

I was recently inspired by this photo...

IMG_0500

and wanted to translate that to a scrapbook page.

IMG_6406

You might recognize these photos from my Mother's Day post. I turned them into polaroids in photoshop and then printed them onto 4*6 sheets.

IMG_6410

This is a layout that used the Instax pics from our weekend walk. We had a great time. A little color blocking made this layout come together very quickly.

Favorite photo on the layout...

IMG_6411

And then this one...

IMG_6404

Banged out this quick one about leadership weekend last weekend at camp. It's 81/2* by 11 and I DON'T hate it. I actually think this one's laid out well. I've almost finished my SC kit 'Into the Woods' too. It feels good to kill a kit.

I made one of those tags that Gerlyn posted about on her blog. Loved them. I'm going to use this one on a NYC layout that's in the works right now.

IMG_6412

That's it. A full weekend. Here's to four-day weeks!

xoxo
K

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all these great pics! I love the inspiration piece and how it translated! I also love the instamax photos! Polaroids were dicontinued in the US, and I havent seen anything similar here. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds awesome.
    Your layouts are gorgeous.
    Hubby may have to go to Ottawa for business, I wanted to go but he will be back before he goes, lol.

    ReplyDelete