Monday, September 19, 2011

Inspired by...

I spent some time scrapbooking yesterday and created a layout that was inspired by Amy Tan. She recently had a layout published in Scrapbook Trends. Here's a pic of the magazine shot...

IMG_1376
Scrapbook Trends Magazine photo

So, I took some leftovers from an old Studio Calico kit, "Moses Supposes" and a few other things I had lying around and put together this quick layout.

IMG_1411

It only took 30 minutes or so. I didn't really change much. Used some cardstock strips at the bottom instead of tape and my pictures are a bit bigger so I moved the corner embellishments at the top to the left hand side. But, overall I like how it turned out.

That lovely baby is Liam, my godson. He's pretty stinkin' cute. M & I met him for the first time In September. Please notice the varied expressions between my pic and M's. Hilarious.

IMG_1412

I tucked my journaling on a little Pink Paislee care and stuck it in behind one of the photos.

I'm thinking of making the 'Inspired by...' posting part of a weekly or monthly series. Each week/month I would chose a layout and show my take on it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hope your Monday is flying by!

xoxo
K

6 comments:

  1. Great idea!!! I have this layout flagged in my magazine as well to do one similar of my own! Typically on the weekend I pick one layout/idea that really caught my eye that week and do something like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I love your layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great layout! Wonderful lift!

    ReplyDelete