Tuesday, October 4, 2011

So...

... I had no idea how to approach the layout I started last weekend. I loved the way it looked but spent forever trying to figure out what to do with it.

Here's the result of all that time spent staring at the page.

IMG_7391

I used black and white photos because everything I tried in color just wasn't working-it was too overwhelming. Then I had to make a kind of canvas to go on the page. I tried something simple with an easy but 'fun' font for the title that kind of represents the feel of summer camp. I left the journaling to just one line.

And a few close ups...

IMG_7395

IMG_7397

xoxo
K

11 comments:

  1. It turned out great! Love the photos in black and white, it really lets the background stand out. Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love what you did with the diagonal lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job! love the black and white versus the colorful background

    greetz tanja

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely layout...and i do think choosing the b/w photos was great for this colorful layout...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, all that time staring was totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great layout! love the combination of patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout :) I totally dig the black and white photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cool! Love the Black and white photos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this-B&W was a great choice for that patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout! The b&w photos play off the colourful background really well. I love that background you made by the way ~ so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love thelayout.. that startdust effect.. that what it reminds me of.. love it..

    ReplyDelete