Wednesday, December 28, 2011

One LIttle Word 2011: Move

I've been thinking a lot about my Word for 2011 lately. Being that 2011 is nearly over I thought it might be fitting to reflect on 2011's word 'MOVE'. This year it was more fitting than ever. We met our goals of 'moving' in so many ways.

In my original post I focused on moving my body, moving to a new city and maybe even into a new home and moving on from camp. Seems as the last 12 months flew by we've managed to meet all of those goals.

M & I got fit and ran our half-marathon in 25 minutes less than we did in 2010. We learned to eat better and we focused on fitness goals. M ran his butt off-literally-and even came in 3rd in the Army Race in his age category here in St. John's.

IMG_6477
May 2011
IMG_1515
October 2011
Early in the year we made a commitment to work on getting home to St. John's. And we did. After working out the logistics, M came home in June and I followed him from camp in August. While we admit that the transition has been difficult at times and we miss our friends terribly, there have been a lot of positive things happening since me moved home. M got a great job and we bought out first home towards the end of the year just in time for the Christmas Holidays.

IMG_1058
June 2011
IMG_1077
June 2011
IMG_7475
September 2011
IMG_7279
August 2011
IMG_1285
November 2011

In September I took my last few Master's in Ed. courses and managed to work on a huge project to tell my story of camp. It was a great way to chronicle the last 10 summers of my life and I summed it up with my 'goodbye' letter which I sent in to the director in late November. While this wasn't the last summer I will ever spend at camp, it was the last consecutive one for a little while. This coming summer I'll be here in Newfoundland. I'm taking a break and I'm almost at peace with my decision. I'll probably make a visit to NY to see everyone at some point during the summer
though-just to get my fix.

DSC0143-M
June 2011
IMG9730-M
August 2011
IMG_7191
August 2011
IMG_8188
November 2011

So, all in all, it's been a good year. Goals were met and my 'little word' was a success. I'm still working on my 2012 word. But I know it will come to me. Here's to a successful 2011!

xoxo
K

5 comments:

  1. What a year! I would say that another word you could have used was "Change". Change is good and it looks like things are definitely looking up for you. :-) St. John's, NL looks gorgeous! I would love to visit that area someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really did "move"! Congrats to you for really living up to your word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making it work. I've chosen my next One Little Word and I'm excited for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on working your word this year!! I have NO clue what mine will be yet & usually by now i have some sort of one lol.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a word in review! Thanks for the highlights of your journey and good luck with your word for next year! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete