1. I'm not a card girl-don't usually make them- but I'm trying to fix that! Cards are a great way to use up scraps and try something new on a smaller canvas.
This one's a Valentine's card that was sent to a friend.
And here's a few more- a birthday card and a Valentine's card.
A little stamping and embossing for the 'Happy Birthday' card and some misting and masking for the Valentine's card.
2. I've become a spray painting maven! So early last week I watched The Nate Berkus show. One of the bits was on thrifting and giving total makeovers to free or cheapie pieces. That got me interested so I perused the internets and found this lovely lady who spray paints and paints nearly everything! So, I made a pit stop at a local thrift store this week and bought my supplies & got to work. Frankly, the power of some spray paint is utterly amazing. So take a look at this...
When it was all said and done i wished that I'd taken a before so you could see how ugly that cookie jar was-straight out the the 80's my friends, and not in a good way. Those frames were just plain black but didn't suit my new scrapbooking room.
And that project got me thinking about painting some furniture. And I was smart enough to take a before picture and a few pics of the progress! Here's a sneak of a my latest project...
Yeah, I worked in the driveway in the cold amidst the piles of snow.
3. My thrifty discoveries led to to a little neighborhood adventure yesterday and I discovered Power's Salvage Shop. Seriously?! It was awesome. There were collections of what some would consider junk but I thought it was fantastic.
4. I've discovered 'The Chew'. It's awesome. This week I learned to make Chicken Kiev. Well let me rephrase that-I watched them make Chicken Kiev. I wasn't getting enough Clinton Kelly in my 'What Not to Wear' quota anyway. ;)
5. My local scrapbooking shop, The Paperie, is having a little Valentine's celebration, 'Gourmet Cupcakes & Sweet Cards', tomorrow morning. I can't wait to try some cupcakes from 'Sweet Love Bake Shop' & make a cute V-day card.
Have a great weekend! Tomorrow I'll be posting some more pics of M's bedside table & a few other spray painted treasures!