Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Whether it's your friends, family or your significant other that you are sharing this day with I wish you all the love and happiness in the world.

I'm not a big mush for Valentine's Day. I like it but I don't go crazy. I do have a Valentine's Concert at school today that I am looking forward to. The kids have worked so hard and it will be awesome to see all their hard work pay off! I also made some mini Red Velvet cupcakes, compliments of Taffety, for the staff.

But love isn't all about the mush-it's about the things that you do together with your family, friends and partners. And so I share with you this layout.

IMG_9415

In October M & I ran a 10K race together on Thanksgiving day. Sidenote: We're Canadian so our Thanksgiving is in October. And it was one of our best races yet. Running has become something that we do together and that we share. The year before we got married we started running and trained for a 10K race for race weekend in Ottawa. We joked that it was our 'team building' for the wedding but really it has been a 'team' experience. It's something we love to do together!
So a little early morning race and then a breakfast sandwich & coffee started our Thanksgiving off with a bang.

IMG_9414

I stuck the journaling into a little pocket behind the main picture, used a little misting and more American Crafts chalkboard labels with some white ink and little stamps. The Teal letters needed to be outlined to make them pop and a little filing of the edges with my Basic Grey file gave this group of photos a little dimension.

I'm currently working on a few projects- trying to catch up on Project life because I am two weeks behind! Ahhh! And I've been working on our bedroom furniture-painting it that is. I'll be back with an update soon on how that's going as well as a new bedroom project I'm going to tackle this coming weekend!

Have a wonderful V-day!

xoxo
K

11 comments:

  1. I love the collage look to this! Great way to get so many busy pictures all into one page! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the number of photos you used and the placement of them. Great layout and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the photos and the tucked-in journaling card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am impressed and that's a great page, love how you included so many photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool page. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout!! Love the journaling card behind the picture :) Happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page - love how you laid out the pictures and the hidden journaling. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great- love the grey base with the pops of color and the layering of photos is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE how many pics you used here...really really great!

    ReplyDelete