There's been a lot of interesting things come up this week in the bloggisphere and I have a list choc full of scrappy busniess I wanted to try:
1. Studio Calico had this awesome challenge this week celebrating Dr. Seuss-his birthday wasn't too long ago- in honor of The Lorax which came out last week. I used this as an opportunity to try a new challenge for a Simple Scrapper assignment.
The April assignment at Simple Scrapper was to try and make a layout without using any embellishments-try that one out because it is difficult! Here's what I came up with-
I wanted something with a long title to fill the page. I just did a little sewing around the page and stamping with some cardstock and a little mist. A few punched cardstock pieces might have been 'cheating' but it was the best I could do!
2. Early in the week Cathy Zielske's had an awesome promt/layout on her blog inspired by a newspaper article she saw where she scrapbooked 'The 5 Faces of Me'. She did each of her faces in each generation but frankly I think I could definitely come up with '5 Faces' from teendom to now. Def going to get on this idea-love all that journaling too!
3. There was a really cool tutorial on the Crate Paper blog about using book binding adhesive for a mini-album. I liked the tutorial but what I liked even more was the fake Polaroid pictures that she used for the album itself. Awesome. I am just recently discovering an easy way I can do this in Picassa. Going to try that. I'll post a little tutorial once I've tried it out myself!
4. This instagram collage which I found on Pinterest by 'Just About Everything' inspired me to make my own layout for January & February. I plan to add them to my Project Life album! I've got the 8 by 10 pics printed now I just have to find the time to put the layouts together.
5. Found this tutorial on Pinterest to make your own envelope-those kind that you tie string around the circle. So cool- a great way to include some personal journaling in a PL album or something to add to my 'Happy Little Moments' book. I also found a cool tutorial on 'Cup of Tea', a style blog I discovered via Lauren Conrad. That's random, I know. But the tutorial teaches you how to make an envelope with a doily. Very pretty and feminine.
Speaking of Project Life I've got week 10 to share today as an added bonus.
This week I started using 1/4" corners which I really, really like a lot more. I didn't include any ephemera but I have saved some for next week. I also wanted to use some of the journaling cards that I've collected via pdf's that have been all over the internet for PL but our printer ran out of ink so alas that did not happen. Goals for next week right?!
So here's the full week layout.
Went with a yellow & green theme this week with a few neutrals thrown in for good measure. Used a few PL stamps from SC as well. Had to write all my journaling because, like I said, the printer needs ink.
This week we got back down to business eating right and running. Which made for a busy week. I got lots of scrapbooking done-some assignments for the March kit at 'The Paperie' and I started my 'Happy Little Moments' class with Maggie Holmes.
We played Scrabble this week two nights and I actually won one evening! That never happens. I went sliding too with school and my uncle turned 50, celebrating in style with a throwback to the 80's. M & I were pretty sneaky and waited for my parents to leave their house and then we snuck in and stole my Dad's old softball jacket-dated 1982. My Dad got a pretty good laugh out of that! And then we ended our weekend with a skype date with Allison, Paul & Liam. It was so nice to see him even if I couldn't snuggle him. 3 more weeks to our visit to O-town! We can't wait!
Had to hand write my journaling today because the printer was out of ink so I just stamped a journaling stamp twice and use it for my lines.
And a close up of my favorite pic to the week-also screen capture shots are awesome.
That's it for me. Scrapbooking tonight with the girls at the store and I can't wait. Have a wonderful weekend and if you want a little DIY tutorial come check out the blog tomorrow. I'll be posting my new lamp reveal!