I'm feeling very reflective this week. Must be the Fall season setting into my bones because God knows that Newfoundland hasn't found Fall temperatures yet. It still feels like a little bit of summer around here-not that I'm complaining.
1. I recently reviewed my summer reading list. I read Cutting for Stone, Left Neglected, & Expressive Photography. The Crafters Guide to Photography wasn't my cup of tea. Not scrapbook-y enough for me even if the eye candy was beautiful. I'm still randomly reading the Steve Jobs Biography. It's hard to get through. Gotta be in the right mood. I did read two other great books though. I read the Night Circus-amazing. And I read Silver Girl-an easy read.
Right now I'm reading these two-
Twyla Tharp's The Creative Habit
& Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
I'll have a review on both when I finish them. What I will say is that I'm reading them on the ipad. I don't like it. I know it's convenient but I like to have something more substantial in my hand. I like the feel of those pages turning and this may be weird, but I love the smell of books. There's nothing better than the smell of a stack of new books. Brings me back to my elementary days of Scholastic book orders.
Here's next month's picks. Fresh off the shelf of my local Chapters bookstore.
Escape From Camp 14, Paris: A Love Story, Room, & Blog Inc (Blog Inc. is not pictured). I realize that that's 4 books but I figure I can make it through them in the chilly October month.
Have you read any awesome books that I should read? I always love getting recommendations from friends. Really I should just start a book club. Any takers?!
2. So that quilt that I was making- it's not started. Like 'I haven't picked out the fabric yet" not started. That might turn into a FALL project.
3. I've been running more. Last week was difficult getting back into the swing of things. I always find that the first two runs after a long hiatus are especially difficult. Like your body forgets it used to do this all the time. Then on that third run it's like "Oh Yeah. I remember this!". The weather here has been beautiful and hoenstly, Fall is my favourite time of year to run. I'm even signing up for the Turkey Tea 10K race Thanksgiving weekend (That's October here in Canada).
4. So I started a little DIY project this week that I'm featuring tomorrow in my DIY series. Here's a little sneak of what I've been cooking up this week.
5. I've also go this layout on my table right now. A little something I'm working on that I'll be sharing next week.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm hopeful that the beautiful weather will continue into this weekend for long hikes with M & Eugene.