Friday, October 5, 2012

5 For Friday

1. I'm bound and determined to get my summer mini-album done this month. Ali Edwards jogged my memory when she posted on her blog about her summer manifesto album! Oops. Guess I should get on that.

2. I came across this cute tutorial on the Creating Keepsakes blog for combining spices with your embossing powder for a fragrantly embossed piece. Sounded like a great idea.

3. October goals are in full swing around here.

octobergoals

Continued with Elise Blaha's idea. I give her full credit-this was not my idea but I love it.  I'll be sharing one of my goals here tomorrow on the DIY Saturday edition of the blog.

4. Speaking of Elise-she issued a challenge yesterday to make quilts. I'm in. I would love to make a few quilts as Christmas gifts this year. I also need to get on that quilt that's haunting my September/October goal lists.

5. And continuing with that sewing theme-I'm going to learn to sew a zipper- into Eugene's new doggie bed. We bought him a new large bed recently and within minutes of us turning our heads he chewed through the very long zipper in the back. Then I sewed it shut. While I was away on the weekend he had a little overnight sickness and I had to rip it apart to wash the cover in the washing machine when I got home. So, now I'm going to learn to sew a new zipper back in. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.Any tips or directions would be very helpful-leave them in the comments!

This coming weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada. Happy thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians. I might make a pie this weekend! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment