Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Musings

So it's Monday.

I'll tell you a secret-I actually love Mondays.

No really.

It's a chance to start fresh for the week. It's the day when making new goals are paramount and possibility lies in the rest of the week. Best of all, on Monday's I have nothing planned after school or in the evening so it's a day with my boys. And I love my boys.

Speaking of my boys-this weekend we had a birthday party for Eugene. Yeah, we're those people. I even made him a puppy dog cake. LOL.

eugenebday

I recently started compiling pics to make a little blurb book of-who else- but Eugene and I came across a bunch of photos of a Fall puppy date that we had with our friend N & his puppy Clipper.

IMG_1978

They had a great time and so did I taking pics and scrapbooking the photos. I mean how can you not love that action shot? Eugene looks like a crazy beast!

IMG_2033

My lovely friend Cathie, who also has a love of puppies, gave me an awesome set of doggie brads that I used on this page. Check out that cute paw print! 

IMG_2032

And I finally used one of those basdges I've been hoarding from 'A Life Handmade'. I also used some of that awesome paw print washi tape. Love it.

In the same visit I also happened to get a few close up shots of Eugene lounging on the patio. Look at my baby-

IMG_1977

How can you not fall in love?!

This was a great opportunity to use up some scrappy bits. I used papers that were mostly leftovers from Studio Calico kits and Paperie kits. It was easy to tie all the colors together with a little mist and the colorful chevron strip.

IMG_2035

I also used an old Ali Edwards stamp that I dug out from ages ago to add to the bottom with a little button and a little gem.

IMG_2034

And of course, a little journaling tucked away for safe keeping.

And now, I must be off to plan my week! Enjoy your Monday.

xoxo
K









8 comments:

  1. love the pages! makes me want to dig out some of my girls' puppy pics and make a page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great layouts and such cute puppies... thanks for sharing... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable layouts. I have a coupe of my doggies from the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Eugene. We're those kinda people too, Krista! Celebrations are always fun!

    ReplyDelete