And it's Friday again.
1. Some very big and exciting news today. I have a layout in Creating Keepsakes latest special issue- Mixed Media Scrapbooking.
Kind of a big deal for me. And for it to be in a Mixed Media issue is kind of funny but here's the layout.
I'm pretty pumped. You can pick up the issue here & there are some awesome ideas and layouts in there.
2. I'm looking forward to going to The Sunshine Crop tomorrow with some friends to scrapbook the day away. I'm bringing a stack of summer photos & my current summer album to work on. I'm hoping to finish it!
3. I've crossed a few books off my list recently that I thought I'd share my thoughts on here.
First, I devoured 'A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book' by Elsie & Emma of the blog by the same name. . If you're like me and you enjoy a good coffee table book that's not only pretty but informative this is a great one to pick up on amazon or indigo. It's beautiful and informative- a.k.a awesome.
Second, Wonder by R.J. Palacio. There's so much I can say about it. It's a YA book so it took mere hours to read but it was so good I started it at 10 p.m- because I wasn't tired- and finished it at 2 a.m. I literally could not put it down it was that good. If you have a middle school age child they need to read this book and it's a wonderful book for adults as well. Soooo good- I laughed, I cried. It was one of my favourite reads this year.
4. For all my fellow Week In The Lifers, Ali shared a video tutorial on her blog this week for using the digital templates and you just might want to pick up a few digi pieces because Designer Digitals has a big 30% off sale on as of yesterday.
5. Kelly Purkey has her latest release on Simon Says Stamp today & it includes a sneak peek of her December Project kit a.k.a December Daily. I'm excited because everyone's doing a December Daily kit this year including my fav local store The Paperie. I can't wait to get my hands on all the holiday beautifulness. If you know me at all, you know I'm a lover of Christmas. I have a holiday stash to prove it. I can't help myself.
Have a wonderful weekend!