Sunday, October 24, 2010

I-phone photos are the new polaroids

That's what M said yesterday when we went for a Fall walk on a beautiful day here in the capital city. I realized he was right and made a discovery. Iphone photos rock! All of the photos below were created using the Iphone.

The sun was shining, a breeze was in the air and it was perfectly crisp outside. Boots and Starbucks kept us toasty & warm and away we went...







All collages were made using Picasa

It turns out that I'm not the only one who's ready for Christmas to come. It's already begun at the Rideau Centre. The Hudson's Bay Company had their hallway of holiday decor already open. Chapters had an entire display of Christmas cards for sale already. And People's had Christmas trees all over their counters yesterday. Is it too early to sing 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...'? Even I say 'yes' to that one! ;)

We had lunch at The Black Tomato. It was delicious. Crab cakes, jambalaya & a Philly steak sandwich filled our bellies for the walk home. It was a perfect Fall Saturday together.

In other, more scrapbooking-related news, I had a chance to sit down at my table and create last night and early this morning. Using Becky Higgins 'Sketches' book I managed to get a ton of photos on my double page layouts. I hadn't taken it out in a while but it gave me some new ideas for using 14+ photos on my pages.

IMG_3477

Each month I create a layout chronicling our activities to remind us of all the things we did. I'm a little backed up though. I had to go back as far as May to catch up.

May. We saw a lot of action in May. We ran a half marathon, my mom came to visit, I went to NY for leadership weekend at camp, shopping in Syracuse & my birthday.

IMG_3474

June. A great month too. We went to Toronto to see J (and also saw Miley Cyrus), Wakefield to spend the afternoon, school ended with some awesome graduates and fun activities and I went to camp in NY.

IMG_3476

And last but not least I made this layout about summer camp which was my July and part of August so I felt it belonged in our 'yearly' album.

IMG_3473

These layouts will join a stack like this one...

IMG_3465

Layouts that have yet to find a home in an album. That's a whole other project!

Have a great Sunday. I'm off to eat this. YUM!

IMG_3471

Happy Sunday!

xoxo
K

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment