Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend in Review: Part 2

I managed to knock a few things off my scrapbooking to-do list this weekend.

I caught up on Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook Class #3,4,5 & 6. I created a layout for a sketch on the Crate Paper blog as well.

So for this layout I followed a sketch from the Crate Paper blog. I wanted to use a colour photo and some black and white photos as well. The crossword paper seemed like the perfect place for some journaling. The paper's are all from their Emma's Shoppe collection which is fun and flirty and perfect for Spring.

IMG_5886

Here's a shot of the journaling as well.

IMG_5892

Then there's this one. I'm not so fussy on the layout myself. I had a hard time translating the sketches in Kelly's class to an 81/2 * 11. It's not really my thing I don't think. Nevertheless, it's one more layout scrapbooked.

IMG_5899

I had all these photos of M & his friends- some old and some new. I've wanting to do a layout to chronicle their friendship for ages and was inspired by another one of Kelly's sketches for this one as well.

IMG_5895

A little close up of the layering on the flower-not too girly!

IMG_5896

Then I got into the stack of road trip photos that have been sitting on my desk calling my name for over a week. I was excited to scrapbook some of these for sure!

This one is kind of an opener for the section of our Road Trip in my Project Life album. It came together with another Sketchbook class sketch.

IMG_5907

I love the way the hipstamatic photos came out!

IMG_5911

Then there's this one. I managed to organize this layout so that I had 15 photos in a grid. I worked from another Sketchbook class sketch here as well.

We did a lot of eating on our trip. There was so much food and after uploading our photos I discovered there were also a lot of photos of said food! There's a few of our favorites listed on the left side for the journaling.

IMG_5904

This one was inspired by all the awkward photos we had to accompany some funny stories from our time in Boston. It seems that wherever we go we end up having some funny stories to tell when we come home. I used a long journaling block from a set of Ali Edwards Journaling Blocks sold over at Designer Digital's for the stories. I also embossed the title with some Studio Calico stamps and red Zing! embossing powder.

IMG_5903

And last but not least, I combined pictures from the Ben & Jerry's factory tour, shots from inside JP Licks and pictures of my new ice cream maker and recipe book. I wanted to try my hand at incorporating some circles in a layout. I also used the cloud stamps from Studio Calico which came in the Candy Shop kit to make an ice cream cone. Some washi tape and a few embellishments finished this layout off quite nicely.

Note: Excuse the shadow in the picture. I'm not quite sure what happened there...

IMG_5914

And after all that I still haven't caught up on my Project Life album. I'm not worried about it though. I'll get around to it when I have time.

I am pleased that I managed to kill some more kit product that's been piling up in my bin. 'Candy Shop' is nearly depleted and I'm working on 'Into The Woods' as well.

Hopefully, I can work on Project Life this week during craft night!

Have a great Monday!

xoxo
K

17 comments:

  1. Wow!! These are awesome Krista. When you've finished killing your kits - wanna come help with mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- you have been busy! Love the layering you use on your layouts - very effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your work. You are inspirational and make me want to scrap right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your got a lot done! Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you got so much done and they are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun pages! So impressed with the two pagers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layouts are great. Love the food highlights one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff...love the quote about fudge/nuts/families... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..love them all!! You got a lot accomplished and I love the ice-cream one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a very productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ice cream cone! Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you've been busy! i love the titlework on the first one most of all, but these are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kit killer! I love that. Your layouts look great, and I'm really impressed with your double page layouts. They used to be all I ever did, and now I struggle to make them look nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are a machine...love all the layouts
    so cool to see how others use the kits
    mandyb from the sc message boards

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the title work on the family layout! Fun pages!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You've been busy! Lots of great stuff there.

    ReplyDelete