Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Musings

It's been a quiet weekend around the blog. I've been busy teaching some scrapbooking classes and watching the Westminister Dog Show. I know, I know. I'm a big nerd for watching the dog show on t.v. but let's face it-it's hilarious and I just love puppy dogs.

On Friday night I had a blast at my local crop-chatting, laughing and having snacks. I even got some scrapbooking done.

Here's a layout I made that's kind of fitting for this month of Valentine's.

IMG_9609

I love chocolate. We have a local chocolate maker here in town and they have some yummy treats that they produce in their factory. In October, we visited their store downtown to try a few of their 'Newfoundland-themed' truffles. They were YUMMY.

I think my favorite part of this layout is the letters that I cut out of a piece of October Afternoon paper for the title. I think that it makes the layout more fun and playful while still fitting the pics and really standing out to tell the story of the page.

IMG_9610

A little Mr. Huey misting with White was also done here and a few buttons were added. The final touch was the date stamp at the top with my Smash rolling stamp.

I'm pretty excited about that rolling stamp because in this month's Studio Calico kit there is a special rolling stamp that American Crafts is making just for the kit. It's going to be awesome and I can't wait to use it on my projects.

Have a wonderful Monday. I hope that wherever you are that today brings you lots of goodness.

xoxo
K

8 comments:

  1. Awesome page! I love how the title letters add a touch of color and the aqua border tops it off! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is gorgeous! Love the OA letters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a layout about chocolate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout.. Yummy photos.. hehe Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you trying to KILL ME! That is what almost happened as I tried to jump through my computer screen to get to those chocolates! Great layout!
    Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete