Friday, July 6, 2012

5 For Friday

1. Saw a great little mini-album on the crate Paper blog this week featuring a puppy dog and it's progress from puppy to adult dog. Such a great idea-and one that I will be scraplifting.

2. This tutorial would have been awesome for the weekend- I'm sure that there will be more sparkler pics than this one though!

IMG_4063

I love me some sparklers!

3. Shimelle had a video up on her blog this week showing how she created a few layouts as a guest designer for this month's Studio Calico kit. I love her process and her thinking. They were fun to watch.

4. Yesterday Eugene and I journeyed to Mount Pearl to visit Sara and her kiddos and pick up these, and these and these. I was excited about the scrapbooking supplies but I was also pumped that Eugene got to meet everyone and he interacted with them really well. We're trying to socialize him more so this was a great little meet and greet for him and he handled the kids' excitement very well. Sara even got a few shots with her camera and sent them to me-what a great friend!

DSC_3560

 I even had a special person tie my shoes before I had to leave while I held Eugene!

DSC_3567

And this one below might be my fav-so funny! G had such a good time and was just soooo excited about the puppy doggie! Clearly Eugene loved it all.

 DSC_3569

Note: It looks like they are having a karate fight here but they were actually having a lot of fun together!

5. I've been doing a lot of reading this past two weeks and I've crossed a few books off of my summer reading list!

So far I've read:

1. Expressive Photography: An awesome book by The Shutter Sisters. While I say I've 'read' it, it's really a reference book for photographers and I know that it will be one I revisit when I want to use my DSLR more.

2. Cutting for Stone: This book was written by Abraham Verghese and it was awesome. It's long but an easy read. It's actually very intriguing and a very well put together story.

3. Left Neglected: This book was written by Lisa Genova who also wrote Dear Alice. Of course, i didn't find that out until the end of the novel. I loved this book which doesn't surprise me because I loved Dear Alice despite it's sad subject matter.

Bonus book: I finished the last in the Fifty Shades of Grey series. It was interesting and an easy read despite it's trashy nature. I had to read the series and see what all the fuss was about!

No comments:

Post a Comment