Monday, January 7, 2013

Try Something New

It's 2013. You know-the time when everyone makes their resolutions and decides to try something new.

So today I'm joining The Paperie and challenging you to go outside your box, your comfort zone-whatever you call it-and try something you would never do in your scrapbooking.

I recently tried something I never do. If you're familiar with my blog you'll know that this layout is nothing like my usual style. But, in an effort to try something everyone was talking about-namely silks-I gave something new a shot.


outforpub
I layered and masked and silked.

I even used some goosebumps & glitter with a little help from Cathie.


Seriously. It was a significant departure from my natural style but honestly I LOVE how it turned out.

So try something new on your next page. You never know what you might discover about yourself.

xoxo
K

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love how this turned out. Truly stunning, and LOVE the colors! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is awesome! I love the paint, mask, and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout- love the use of the silks here- fabulous job~!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! And I love those colors with a black and white photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful details on this gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun layout. Love how you used the "paint" in layers. Terrific

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this page, the glitter is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete