Friday, July 19, 2013

5 For Friday: Obsessions

Yep. Today's 5 For Friday post is all about my current summer obsessions.

IMG_3648
 *a little sneak of my summer PL album.

1. A Beautiful Mess. The blog, the app, Elsie & Emma. I've found a new blogger crush folks. I spent some time this past weekend descending the rabbit hole that is their blog and it was worth it. So many DIY ideas and frankly, those girls are just stinkin' cool. I want to replicate this idea for sure. I'm also pretty curious about their Blogging course.

2. I'm currently obsessed with the idea of a Day In The Life. I've been reviewing Ali's ideas and love love love the simple time stamps she's been putting on her instagram photos.  I want to do a summer version and I hope you'll join me this Monday, July 22nd. I'll be using #dayinthelife for my photos and you can find me on instagram @krlewe.

3. Kelly Purkey's latest Project Life kit went live last week and as usual I'm obsessed. I've been using her previous two kits for my 'Hello Summer' project life mini-album. The tiny letter stickers, summer stamps (exclusive to the June/July kit) & the 3 by 4 journaling cards have offically stolen my heart.

Also, I'm dying for these as you can imagine. They were meant to grace my pages naturally. 

Screen shot 2013-07-14 at 10.01.00 PM

4. DIY. Let's face facts here folks-I'm always obsessed with DIY but right now it's like all the little tasks that I've had on my growing list are being crossed off at a rapid pace. I'll be sharing some of the latest DIY's this weekend so stay tuned! I'm currently on the hunt for some small pieces to add/create some vingettes around our home. I'm on the hunt for accessories basically-cheap or free ones which usually involves spray paint, etc. I'd also love to find a great deal on some funky printed fabric to cover our dining room chairs.

5. Bloglovin'. Google reader died and until it died I loved it. A creature of habit, I knew the in's and out's of it and thus just kept using it until I was faced with the challenge of finding another blog reader. I tried Feedly a while back but couldn't get into it and as the deadline for Google Reader's demise approached I noticed there was a lot of talk about Bloglovin'. So I tried it. And I haven't looked back. I love it on my computer & on my ipad. I even like the feature where you can search for new blogs that cater to the same interests in your current blogs. Best. Idea. Ever. Because we all need more bogs to follow.

What are you obsessing over this summer?! Anything I'm missing out on that I need to have on my radar?!

Have a great weekend!

xoxo
K







No comments:

Post a Comment