Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Running Resolutions

Remember that pesky little resolution I made about running a few posts back? Well, I made a resoloution like that last year too. I've never been a 'runner' really. But, in honour of the wedding and as a 'bonding' activity I took up running with Matthew. It was our 'team building' we called it-two big nerds, I know! But, we had a goal to run the 5km during Ottawa Race Weekend. Then I discovered I was basically doing that by December. So, he upped the goal to 10km. We prepped for months. But, I wasn't prepared for the 34-degree, sunshiny day we had or the throngs (say over 9000) of people who ran the race with us. Needless to say I was disgusted by the end-too many people, too hot, not enough space, etcetera...But, after it was all said and done I am thankful that I completed it. We've decided to do it all again in May but instead do the half-marathon. I must be crazy!

I made this layout to remember the race. There's a before and after and i'm sure you can figure out the after shot-the one with our medals where we both look kinda gross. The layout is plain but it helps me remember I did something I never thought I was capable of-RUN.



xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment