Sunday, September 26, 2010

And another one bites the dust...

Another weekend that is. It wasn't very exciting but it was somewhat productive. Friday night entailed two loads of laundry, many lysol wipes and a few hours of hard work to scour my dirty house. Everyone's house standards vary but after two weeks of being abandoned it was time for a serious clean-up here at my house. Of course cleaning means organizing and so our 'junk closet' was cleaned up and guess what I found? Halloween decor. So with lots of groaning from M the apartment got a little spooky decor. I think it's all my mom's fault that I feel the need to decorate for most monthly holidays including Halloween, Valentine's, etc.

IMG_2910

Saturday we went for a walk downtown only to discover that Fall had arrived.

IMG_2917

We had a delicious lunch at SteaK in the market after a visit to the Rideau Centre.

IMG_2923

Yesterday afternoon I saw "You Again" which was funny and continued to solidify my theory that Betty White is the best actress EVER. She was hysterical as Grandma Bunny!
I continued my movie-watching last night as M went out last night. I wasn't in the mood to scrapbook but I did find this.

IMG_2930

It's the cover of my 'Week In the Life' album from September 29th to October 4th 2008. It inspired me to start another "Week in the Life' tomorrow. Looking through the album made me realize a lot has changed since 2008. Now I don't have to feel so guilty about not following through with the layouts for my May month 'Week in the Life'.

Today was spent working-shocker. My facebook status currently reads :

"

Krista Wells

wonders why she decided to do a Masters in Education and teach full time? and why did she sign on for a technology course this term? I don't know whether to look forward to my weekends any more or dread them...December 3rd can't come soon enough.
"

That basically explains how i'm feeling today! Got a draft of my first assignment in my Tech course back. There's more red correction marks than Valentine's decor at Walmart in February. I have two weeks to 'fix it' to hand in my final draft. Somehow my professor thinks this is a good thing...i'm not so sure. It just confirms my lack of understanding and intelligence in that course.

And so another weekend comes to a close. M went to the grocery store and got lobsters for dinner-a throwback to summer. I'll take it for tonight...

xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment