Saturday, October 9, 2010

Load-Day 6,7 & 8

I'm up to date and going strong. Here's a few layouts from the last few days.

Day 6-Wednesday

This layout was made with the Studio Calico July kit 'Continental'. I misted the Brown corrugated letters with my new 'Schoolhouse' Mr. Huey. They match perfectly. The brown was too drab. I went with a nautical theme because in the photos we're on a tall ship in the Toronto Harbour. M's brother J worked on the boats all summer and took us on a little trip in June when we were visiting him. It's always a party when J's around.

IMG_3223

Day 7-Thursday
I made this layout in under 45 minutes. I had a few things to do on Thursday night including see M's new band 'The Middens' play.

For my wedding shower I got a sewing machine from M's mom. This past April I learned how to use the darn thing and made my first 'real' big project-a baby quilt. No-there are no babies coming any time soon and it's not wishful thinking either. A baby quilt is just smaller and thus easier to make. I love those little sassafrass letter stickers. They are adorable. Here's a close up...

IMG_3201

Note: I sewed the edges AND I journaled on the page. That boarder punch is the 'loop edge punch' from Martha Stewart.

IMG_3222

Day 8-Friday
I always find I have more time on Friday evenings due to the fact that I refuse to do any work. It's my night off. After a very full day of running around doing errands I sat down to create something lovely with the few pictures I have left in my stash.

I think I've mentioned before that M & I ran the half-marathon in May but I haven't scrapped the photos yet. So last night, using the July 'Continental' kit and a few things from my stash I made a two-page layout focusing on the race. These 'running' photos were taken by our good friend who came up for the weekend. A runner himself, he ran ahead of us on the course so he could get some decent shots.

My Aunt and Uncle were also here from Newfoundland for Race Weekend because they are runners too. My Aunt ran the 10km and my Uncle was trying to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Sadly he missed it by just under a minute. He wasn't too broken up about it though. We found them after the race and got a few pictures of all of us together.

IMG_3224

It's a 12*12 but it looks a little squished. Here's close up of the title-which I LOVE.

IMG_3227

Last but not least I had this photo laying around of me during my birthday party in May. I like to do a 'Me at **' layout whenever I age a year. This past May I turned 26. Using the May's 'Granny's Cupboard' kit I put together a little layout with some journaling using phrases like "I am..." & "I love...". Here's a few pics.

IMG_3225

IMG_3221

In other news I am enjoying the second day of a lovely 4-day weekend here in Canada for Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday wherever you are. On my to-do list for today: blog, develop new photos & attend a wedding. One down-two to go.

xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment