Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CHA Challenges

I participated in some Studio Calico CHA challenges over on their message board this past week. I've been trying to expand my scrapbooking repertoire and challenges are a great way of doing that.

Another great way to do that is to find inspiration. For this layout I found some inspiration in this piece from this layout on Pinterest. I loved the way that Waleska used the numbers to write her journaling and used that as my jumping off point for this layout.

So, in this layout I had two challenges:
1. use circular elements-circle pic+ polka dots+ buttons (CHA challenges)
2. number my journaling

This is what I came up with.

IMG_9467

I stamped my journaling on a few pieces of washi tape, anchored with pattern paper. I included tons of buttons and brads, both intermingled with the pictures and also at the button as a larger embellishment. I also tried to mimic the 'circle' element with my title as well. This layout might use circular elements but it's also very linear-which I like!

IMG_9471

My subject is hysterical. These pics were taken one evening when I dropped into Allison and Paul's to drop off some cookies. Liam was trying a sippy cup for the first time and his face was hilarious. The pure confusion really made me believe that he was having a conversation with us-if only in his head. It was too funny and deserved to be recorded!

I miss my sweet little boy. I can't wait to see him in April!

xoxo
K

14 comments:

  1. Love the design of this page! And the button border is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Awesome page!!! And yes, his face is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Very nice leading lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute layout! love the buttons and the washi tape...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! You inspired me to use some washi tape today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did both challenges VERY WELL! Great job!, and I loved the photos! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO CUTE~!!!! Love how you lined up the pictures (he so cute!!) and that background paper - WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great design! Love the circle pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout! Such a cute baby, also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sweet adorable baby! Love your journaling. Perfect layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a great layout! love the circles and your subject is adorable!

    ReplyDelete