Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What I'm Working On

So I haven't created much lately but I have been organizing. My friend, Wendy, would love to hear that I've done a little re-vamp of my kits. First of all they needed to be organized.

I started to worry when they started to overflow out of their existing container. I had the kits in the shorter, wider container on the right & pattern paper/cardstock in the taller container on the left. And you can see that kits were in bags or random small ziplocs and desperately needed to be organized!

IMG_3087

So, after finding these-

ziplocs
*Extra large ziploc bags from Dominion, the local supermarket (Stavanger dr. location)- for those of you who are local.

So, I broke up a few kits that were nearly done and then I bagged the rest of the kits that weren't in proper bags. After which I hauled them all back out and labeled each of them with their place of origin i.e The Paperie club kits, Studio Calico kits, class kits, etc. I placed each of the labels in the upper right corner so I could tell what I was looking for as I flipped through them.

IMG_3385

Then I switched my paper container and my kit container up and they all fit. This is the amount of paper I have.

IMG_3389

I'm not much of a paper hoarder-most of that is cardstock- but apparently I love to hoard kits.

I have one -unused kit- dating back to January 2012. That's an issue for me.

So, in an effort to whittle that giant stack of kits away I've devisied a plan!

Last night I took out that kit and a few others and my stack of developed pictures. I pulled out the supplies and laid them out on the table and then I hauled pics out that fit the color scheme, sticking them into the bag of each kit as I went.

And so begins a little process of whittling those kits.

Stay tuned for the results of my labors!

xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment