This summer I read. A lot. I got lucky and had a number of vacations that included downtime on planes, beaches and nearby pools.
If you're looking for something to read here are a few I recommend-
1. Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich- Loved it. Easy, girly read.
2. Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisburger- Loved it. The sequel to 'The Devil Wears Prada' which I adored in both book & film form. Another easy read.
3. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman- Lovely. A book recommended by a friend in a scrapbooking class. It was just a lovely book.
4. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion- Loved it. Might have been my favourite book I read all summer. I laughed out loud, cried and whipped through this one on a plane this summer. Two thumbs way up.
5. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling- hilarious. After finding The Mindy Project I wanted to read her book. Not as funny as Tina Fey's Bossypants but def a cute, easy & hilarious read.
6. Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews-Easy, girly read.
7. The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow by Rita Legansky- Lovely. Well-written and just a lovely book.
8. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald- Had to try it. I've never read it so figured I'd give it a shot. I'm also the kind of person who wants to read the book before I see the movie.
And now we're onto a new list of books. This is what's on my list for the Fall so far.
1. The 100 Year Old Man Who Jumped Out The Window & Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson.
2. Wonder by R. J. Palacio.
3. The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce.
4. Daring Greatly by Brene Brown.
5. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.
6. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
I'll let you know how they turn out!