Sunday, February 7, 2010

Some Scrappy Goodness

WARNING: This is a picture-heavy post!

Yesterday I spent the day scrapbooking at my LSS. There was some great company and I made a new friend named Loulou. She was lovely and shared my deep-rooted love for Cadbury's mini eggs. It was meant to be! ;) Katie and Stephanie were there as well and made for some great inspiration and conversation throughout the day.

I was able to complete all but 2 of the things on my to-do list. I had intended to do a lot and use a few ideas that i've been hoarding and waiting for some great pictures with which to use them. So here's a sample of what was produced:

My first layout of the day was one that was inspired by my not-so-new book 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges by Liz Katchner. I love this book. As the picture suggests, I had to get inspired by an outfit. So the following layout resulted. I used lots of lace and pearls to emulate the dress from that glorious day in August.


Then I completed a layout using challenge # 4: let a song inspire you. Thus the title: Jump for my Luv.

Then I worked on another layout I have been waiting forever to complete. I scraplifted this from a December 2009 Creating Keepsakes issue I think. I just love the layout. It chronicles all of 2009 in one two-page spread.

I also made our monthly layout for December. Each month I do a layout about the month so we have a highlight of all the good stuff that happened.

I created a number of layouts about Matthew but this one's my favourite. The pictures were taken by a good friend in Newfoundland. This was the band's first time playing at home in NL.

So all of a sudden I have this new love of flowers. The next two layouts are inspired by more of Liz's pages in her book but look at all those flowers. So not me! But i'm loving them.


That last one's my favourite. In a blog hop the other day I found instructions for someone else's 'happy accident' which resulted in these cool flowers. Here's how you make them: Cut or punch circles. Then cut them in a spiral way and twist them together into 3D form. A piece of sticky dbl sided tape across the back should secure them. Add an embellishment to the centre. They are really cute. Here's a close up picture of them...

So that's a small sample of what I accomplished yesterday. There's a few more posted on the flickr account if you want to check them out as well.

This week I have a shopping date on Friday with my friend Kerry. She's new to scrapbooking but she's caught the bug for sure. We're going to do some shopping and then scrap here at my house.

xoxo
Krista



2 comments:

  1. I sooo enjoyed cropping along side you last weekend, I LOVE YOUR WORK, LOVE IT!!!

    as for the SC kits...ummm am unsure...doesn't seem like it takes long...maybe 4 days after I get the email saying it was shipped 4-5 days approx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL - I HAD NO CLUE YOU HAD A BLOG..then i saw your comment on Katie's blog and totally stalked you!

    Can't wait to see your stuff - i lOVE your work!!!

    ReplyDelete