Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bermuda Bound

So I stayed true to my promise and focused heavily on journaling in my 'Bermuda Bound' mini-album. It's 6*12 which i've never done before and presented some challenges here and then. It's an accordion album made with Studio Calico's Documentary line. I love the planes and the cameras on the patterned paper. For most of the journaling I used Ali's journaling blocks which i'm sure are available at designer digitals.

I think the biggest challenge in this album was the journaling itself. I love creating and putting the pieces together but I have a hard time stopping to write and print my feelings. I persevered and finished it complete with many stories and details from our trip.

So this is the front side of the accordion with an up close shot of the cover.
IMG_2835

IMG_2840

This is the other side-note on the far right there I have to add a journaling block which I'll do today.

IMG_2839

There's one of those huge journaling blocks I used to tell our 'beach stories'. I like the little pics because you can get a whole bunch on a small page. It's a nice way to include a bunch of pics of one event if you have them. I used picasa to make a collage and then just had them printed on a 4*6 (cost effective too ;)).

IMG_2842

I love this one-it's two pages. On the left is another journaling block. On the right I used Noah stamps from Studio Calico which I love love love!

IMG_2844

Another one-this one's about the lighthouse.

IMG_2845

I used Tim Holtz Blue Distress ink to get that effect on the thickers letters on the left because they were too plain!

IMG_2846

And last but not least two of my favourite pics. On the left is a photo of us on our anniversary right before we went to dinner. The other is our shadows on Horseshoe Bay beach the night before we had to leave.

IMG_2847

I still have a number of larger layouts that I want to include in our 12*12 albums but for now this is a great reminder of our memories to add to my mini-album bucket for friends to see when they come over.

xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment