Sunday, September 19, 2010

Today I was a Pioneering Woman

So I have a new obsession. Her name is Ree Drummond and she's the Pioneer Woman and if you don't know who that is go here-Pioneer Woman- right NOW! She is fantastic. She's jack of all trades-photography, cooking, life and she's just plain hysterical. I recently sent a recipe M's way while he was at work back in August and he is now also obsessed with the cooking section. Of course I found her through scrapbooking websites but she's truly the ubber-blogger making/living her life through blogging. She's been a guest speaker at multiple blogger conferences and she just plains rocks my socks!

So in all hero worship I decided to cook like a Pioneer Woman today. I've been a little down lately because my M. Ed courses are more work than I originally thought they would be this term. I spent 10+ hours this weekend working on papers and discussion postings and needed a little cooking therapy. So I made some delicious dinner and subsequent desert for M and I today. So I hauled out the new food processor and Black Betty (my beautiful Kitchenaid Mixer and got down to business.

I made this recipe for dinner: Penne A La Betsy and I made Blackberry cheesecake for desert. We have yet to dive into it so I thought I would showcase the deliciousness before it disappears which won't take long. We've been salivating since early this afternoon when it was baking in the oven. The smells were tantalizing.

IMG_2855

Bottom line is: check out The Pioneer Woman. If you ever have the chance and want some humorous romance find her story of how she met her Marlboro man-or husband. It's hysterically funny and heartfelt. She's a wonderful writer and I often find myself laughing out loud at her stories. Check her out! She's really that great!

xoxo
K

3 comments: