Monday, September 13, 2010

Confessions of a...

..terrible journaler. I confess I don't really write much to accompany my photos. I'm bad at the story part of words+photos despite being a serious follow of Ali Edwards. But sometimes I just want to play with the bits and pieces of the creative process. I don't mind my own handwriting-I not-so-secretly like it actually. But, it always seems like a lot of work and an afterthought to me to include journaling. After listening to a Paperclipping Roundtable podcast this afternoon on journaling I really thought about my process. Someone suggested that using blogs are a great way to improve your journaling process. So that's my plan. This blog has always been for scrapbooking related material but i'm taking a turn toward more 'life' stuff so don't be surprised if 'real' stuff shows up here from time to time.

Also, as a part of my never-ending improvement plan I am going to work toward having my 12*6 Bermuda "mini" (I use THAT term loosely) album be heavily focused on journaling and telling the stories. There are some really good ones I don't want to forget.

In other news...my Summery of Camp album is finished so stay tuned for some photos of that. Note to self: Take photos of album!

xoxo
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment