Saturday, October 2, 2010

LOAD-Day 2

So far I'm on track for Layout a Day. Three layouts done so far. I made two last night but I had to wait until this morning to get some decent shots of them in daylight. I hate 'night lighting' for scrapbook pages. It doesn't do the colours justice!

Here's a layout I went a little out of my box for. I used orange as my background. I have an aversion to orange generally. I am a red head and we don't do orange. It's not one of my favourite colours but it seemed to suit the pictures and it was the first of October so why not, right?

IMG_3164

The photos are from the night we went to the lighthouse in Bermuda for dinner. We met the cutest couple who were celebrating their 30th anniversary and this was their 7th time in Bermuda. They took our picture and gave us all sorts of tips on what to do and where to go!

I love this next one. I had just the perfect title for this one: 'Live Love Laugh'. In grade 9 I worked with the physical disabilities unit in our elementary school mentoring and in June before I left the teachers gave me this little charm that said that very phase. It eventually broke from wear and tear but the sentiment has stayed with me. It's a wonderful little mantra. I have been saving this Prima fabric word forever-waiting for just the right page to use it on. I think it's found a great home!

IMG_3163

These photos were taken on our one year anniversary, August 21, 2010. We set the camera up on top of a lamp in the hotel room and hit the 10-second timer. I love them because they are so 'us'.

This last one is fun and very girly. I love the colour combo of pink, teal and grey. All products are from the 'Summer Camp' Studio Calico kit I hadn't even touched yet from August. The title is kind of fitting as this is a layout about two of my oldest friends from summer camp-Emilie and Erica.

IMG_3176

Here's a close up shot. See that pink boarder-that's my new favourite toy. It's a loop edge punch by Martha Stewart. It's new-I've used it on every layout I've made since I bought it. LOVE IT!

IMG_3177

Journaling reads: In the summer of 2003 something something magical happened. I went to camp. It was one of the most amazing summers I've ever had and I owe most of that to these two women-Emilie Bandy and Erica Folkoff. They made my summer amazing. Sneak outs, boys, gold fish and pool parties-it was awesome. At some point each year we meet and rehash the 'good old days'!

Enjoy your Saturday!

xoxo
K

LOAD: 2 down-29 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment