Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mumblings from Monday

Yesterday's lame excuse for scrapbooking (Day 11 of LOAD) was completing the journaling for my 'Week In The Life' album. Here's the visual evidence.

IMG_3255

And here's a visual of how it tucks behind the photos.

IMG_3256

I used Ali's journaling blocks from Designer Digitals which I may also incorporate into my December Daily album. If you haven't visited her blog in the last few days she's outlined her process for creating her cover. It's beginning to get me very excited for the holiday season. Now I have to pick out my Christmas pieces and start piling it all together.

In other news, you may have noticed in early September I recapped my efforts to complete 12 goals for 2010. One of them was to read 12 'serious' books. In that update I had 11 done. Last night I finished reading book 12. I finished reading "Run Like A Mother" by Dimity McDowell & Sarah Bowen Shea. It was AWESOME in a word. It was inspiring and honest and most of all funny. It's a book with the subtitle "How to get moving-and not lose your family, job or sanity'. While I don't have children I do have lots of things standing in the way of 'getting moving' these days. It was a great read and an uplifting way to finish my list. Here's what I read:

1. The Memory Keepers Daughter
2. Still Alice (loved)
3. Lullabies for Little Criminals
4. Pillars of the Earth (loved)
5. The Red Tent
6. Eat Love Pray (did NOT love-still haven't seen the movie)
7. Night
8. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (loved)
9. The Girl Who Played with Fire (loved)
10. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Next (loved)
11. Choosing Civility (very insightful)
12. Run Like A Mother (loved)

Inspired by my final book I've decided to participate in a 5k race called the Santa Shuffle here in Ottawa in December. It will be my 5th race. It would be even cooler if it were on the 5th of December but alas it's on Saturday, the 4th instead. Secretly I would also LOVE to run it in under 30 minutes. I haven't been under that time in a while. That means I've got to get moving. As an added bonus it's in December so it will make an appearance in my December Daily.

When one goal ends another one begins. I'll keep you updated on my progress. Wish me luck!

xoxo
K

2 comments:

  1. LOve that your running the Santa Shuffle :)

    Totally excited about the dec daily too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Krista--and good luck in the Santa Shuffle! Good luck in your quest to go sub-30! Many happy miles--Dimity

    ReplyDelete