Sunday, March 20, 2011

And We're Back!

We had a great time on our Road Trip! I'm still culling through photos and tying up some loose ends of the 'Scrapbook on the Road' album so I'll have photos to share later this week.

I did get some GREAT news last week right before we left though. On Thursday morning I got an email from Scrapbook Trends requesting one of my layouts for their August issue. This is my first pub so I was soooo excited! Who am I kidding? I'm still pretty pumped! It's reassuring that someone likes my pages other than my husband!

In other news, Kelly Purkey announced her third installment of her popular Sketchbooks class. Inspired by the class announcement, I dug out the sketches from the previous classes and used them last week to create a few layouts. If you'd like to see the sketches themselves they're still available on Kelly's site.

I love using sketches because you never know where you'll end up when you start out.

IMG_5469

Totally scraplifted the this one from Kelly's example. Not one bit ashamed of it either! Scraplifting rocks! It's quick and easy and gets the results you need without the fuss of fooling around with the design.

Then I used another sketch and created this one:

IMG_5471

I used an add-on with product from Studio Calico's February kit "Candy Shop". I love the colours of the kit and that banner paper is super cute and fun to work with.

If you've never taken Kelly's Sketchbook class I highly encourage you to sign up and give it a shot. It's a great way to get inspired! I know I'll be joining Kelly again this time around.

I hope you enjoy the end of your weekend!

xoxo
K

5 comments:

  1. Love those layouts! Congrats on the pub!! I'm excited for Kelly's Sketchbook class too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these - so fun and WTG on the cutting on the second one! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing news about the pub!!! I would be uber pumped too!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the awesome pub! :)
    I really like your Brunch layout- it's so fun & happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! how exciting for you! I need to use some of those old sketches too (from previous class) that I never used. Great idea! Love what you did with them too btw.

    ReplyDelete