Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday?! Seriously?!

IMG_9972

Note: This picture has nothing to do with today's post. I just hate blog posts without pics and I just love cookie dough. This pic was taken on Sunday when I made some chocolate chip cookies for Sunday desert.

I feel like it should be Friday folks. It's been a long week and the lyrics 'she works hard for the money' comes to mind and basically summarizes the last four days.

You see, I'm a substitute teacher which generally means I usually have some time on my hands during the weekdays. Sometimes I love this and sometimes I hate this. But, this week I am working full time-all week. I LOVE it but It's very busy! I'm very thankful for having a classroom for a whole week. In fact, it makes for some awesome stories as well! The crew I have are a handful to say the least and they are keeping me on my toes.

As a result, I was unable to get home in time to photograph any layouts and there's nothing worse than bad lighting when taking a pic of a scrapbooking layout.

So today you are getting some links to a few of my favorite internet finds this week-consider kind of a bonus '5 for Friday'!

1. If you are looking for something funny to read Sydney from 'The Daybook' usually posts an 'Awkward & Awesome Thursday' post that I literally cringe & loud out loud when I read.

2. October Afternoon posted an awesome easy tutorial on using string & mist for layouts. A great idea and super simple!

3. I found a new design website that I love. 6th Street Design School is super cute and she has really nice, colorful taste. Check her out here.

K. That's all you get today. Some days are just lame. Come back tomorrow for a true '5 for Friday'. I'll have something scrappy to share then-promise!

xoxo
K

3 comments:

  1. ok, you totally made me laugh! I agree wholeheartedly about the picture in a blog and the "Some days are just lame?" Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, very funny! Your chocolate chip cookie dough looks delish, care to share the recipe? I'm more of a Pillsbury kind of girl, but I'm open to trying new things. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like all blog post should have at least one picture too. lol. I also really love cookie dough. At least the week will be over tomorrow. :) Hope it goes by quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete