Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Another celebrity at The Paperie

So our local store, The Paperie, has been knocking it out of the park this year with celebrity visits from paper crafting peeps!

In March they brought scrapbooker and product designer, Kelly Purkey to us for some layouts and a mini album.

This month they did it again, bringing mixed media guru and product designer Dina Wakely in for a weekend of art journaling and mixed media messiness.

IMG_8792

I only attended Sunday's workshop on Art Journaling but from what I heard Saturday's classes were a huge hit as well. Dina was funny! And while I'll be the first to admit that what she creates is NOT my area of strength or expertise, I did appreciate how her art came together and certainly learned a lot. I'm not sure I'm sold on buying up all the dylousion inks, stencils & acoutrement that accompanies mixed media but that's another post for another day.

Today I'd like to share two of the pages that I made in the class that turned out okay to my liking.

IMG_4050

This one was my favourite. When all else fails just put a bird on it! If you're a Portlandia fan you know what I'm talking about folks. If not, go check it out. It's hilarious. Also, the circles. I like the circles.

IMG_4051

And this one wasn't so bad either. I like the bright, vibrant colors. I also like the idea of outlining the silhouettes.

The rest aren't for sharing.

I wonder who The Paperie will bring in next?! I can't wait to see who it will be.

xoxo
K


No comments:

Post a Comment