Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day Scrapbooking

Yesterday was a SNOW DAY. It actually snowed quite a bit. I’m not sure what fell but we were forecast to get 15cm. Looking out the window it looks like it’s probably more.

I was very productive though. M & I went to the gym early in the morning. We walked down in the snow and it was not nice at all-very windy. I did some work for my Masters course and then I scrapbooked. I scrapbooked a lot.

Lately I've been struggling with taking photographs of my layouts. But, I solved my issues today! I figured out the perfect settings on my Canon XSi and I have a reasonable solution now in front of a window with natural light for taking pictures. So here it is.

IMG_4870

So the layout sits on an empty Studio Calico box, propped up against the swinging door to our porch. It looks like a mess in the background but the photos turned out true to color and that's the main thing! I'll tidy up for the next round!

The above layout is about the awkward wedding we went to in October. I love this photo of M & our friend John. Too funny. I had forgotten my camera so an iphone had to do. Excuse the fuzzy photos. Here's a few close ups with more details.

IMG_4881

IMG_4882

I used a Jenni Bowlin sticker to print my journaling. I saw this idea on a blog recently and decided to try it for myself. I love the look.

I made this one Tuesday night-our 8 year anniversary, February 1st. Hard to believe it's been that long.

IMG_4872

IMG_4880

Our efforts to 'move more and eat less' are paying off. My thoughts from month 1 are in the envelope. This is another page using mostly the Metropolitan kit from Studio Calico.

IMG_4875

IMG_4878

I labored over this one for ages. I wanted to use the Basic Grey paper for a little scenery. I misted to make it 'sunny' and used a few punches to make a 'sun'. This one's about my love of CBC's Republic of Doyle. Watching that show each week is my little piece of home and when I went home in October I had a chance sighting of the cast and crew filming. I was a huge nerd and took pictures of the car Doyle drives. Soooo nerdy!

IMG_4865

IMG_4884

That's it for now. Come back tomorrow for Five for Friday!

xoxo
K

5 comments:

  1. Wow, your pages look great. I love the banner on your first one. I guess I need a snow day to get some layouts done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pages...and good for you to accomplish so much on a snow day! (i was hoping to scrap but my printer wasn't cooperating. sigh...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pages! You were a busy crafty girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the layouts! great job being so productive on the snowday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome layouts! I love the "awkward" one-too funny!

    ReplyDelete