Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Inspired by...

Little side note: I gave my blog header a little overhaul yesterday. Just changing it up around here a little. And yes, I recognize that I am no longer a 'twenty-something' as I turned thirty nearly two weeks ago but I'm embracing the lie. Just kidding actually. But really I just didn't want to change the name of my blog. Frankly, it's just too much trouble.

I haven't done an 'inspired by' post in ages and recently came across this layout by Kelly Noel. Naturally, like all inspiration these days-it came from Pinterest.

Screen shot 2013-06-04 at 3.50.22 PM

I loved the effect at the top. Buttons, a love of mine, were incorporated heavily and that really, really appealed to me. So, I stuck pretty closely to the layout itself.

This is what I came up with.

IMG_3397

Don't you love the buttons? I added some wood veneer and enamel dots as well. I love the dimension.

IMG_3414

I did a little misting of the letters and used a few wood veneer similar to the inspiration piece.

IMG_3415

I left out the bottom piece of pattern paper for an extra line of journaling.

So, Wendy & Janna, the owners of The Paperie, made a few dreams come true in March when they invited Kelly Purkey to come teach classes and meet our crazy bunch of ladies at the store. It was E.P.I.C and really a dream come true.

Now, they're doing it all again!

Yep. Dina Wakely is coming and while I'm not nearly as into her business as much as Miss. KP's I am very, very excited to meet her and learn some new things. Art journaling is very new to me so I have a feeling that she is going to widen my horizons. I'm excited to spend the weekend learning new things in August and if you're local you should check it out too!

xoxo
K

1 comment:

  1. Dina was just at my LSS. I was working the shop during 3 of her classes, and while I also don't art journal, I'm now tempted to make messy things and buy a gelli plate, haha.
    Though I still don't have the space in my apt and my Project Life takes enough of my free time.
    Have fun with her there and get lots of Diet Coke - she drinks it all day :)

    ReplyDelete