Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Americans!

So tomorrow is Thanksgiving in that lovely country south of ours. I am jealous. Mostly because I love to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. They do parades right in New York City.

A few years ago I was in NY for Thanksgiving. It was magical. The city is all dressed up for Christmas. The tree isn't lit in Rockefeller Plaza but it is up. It was amazing. Saks had these snowflakes on their building facing the plaza that lit up but in song. Their windows were decorated in a story and as you walked past the characters moved and speakers projected the story out for you to hear. It was magical! It was beautiful! One day I'll get back to NYC for Christmas decorations and more pictures-and black Friday shopping.

But, for now I'll just wish my American friends a happy thanksgiving and fudge off their special Thursday night programming tomorrow. Taylor Swift is on NBC in an hour long special and Beyonce is on ABC in an hour long special. Think they were competing for ratings? What ever will I do?

Happy Turkey Day friends! Have a great one!

xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment