Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Scrapped.

I made time this weekend to scrapbook. I have no idea what was going through my head though when I sat down to make a few layouts. I'm not sure if my mind was elsewhere or what because I'm not a fan of how a few of the layouts turned out. But, art is a process-sometimes it goes well and other times, well, not so much.

I do like two of the layouts I made. The others barely graced the rail in the hall and have already made there way into albums. So, let's use this post as a lesson a la 'What Not to Wear' scrapbooking style.

First of all, could I have put any more patterns on the layout? Seriously? There's just so much going on I have no idea where to look...

IMG_3648

So here it's a case of "what were you thinking with that large circleish journaling block"? Everything else in the layout is straight lines...honestly. I have no idea where my mind was?!

IMG_3646

And this is the part where Stacy & Clinton set 'em straight...

First of all, if you want to add some circles to a layout that has mostly straight lines do it on a small scale like the date above the picture.

IMG_3647

And if you're going to layer, do it correctly.

IMG_3649

And then there's this one. I really like the way this turned out. Squares and rectangles. Lovely. I look like a giant nerd in the photos but I love the colors in the pics and the way they seamlessly lent themselves to this Studio calico kit.

IMG_3644

And here's a close up of a little layering.

IMG_3650

All in all it wasn't a super successful scrapbooking weekend but I did get to scrap a little. I'm looking forward to next weekend and a crop with a few friends here at my house! We're working on December Daily and I am pumped!!!

xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment