Monday, November 26, 2012

Guest Blogger: Making the Cut!

As mentioned in last week's post, I've been taking a little blog vacation this past week and have invited some friends to share on the blog for the last few days. I'll be back tomorrow but for today, enjoy Lori!
   
Lori has a beautiful style that shows through all her creations. Lori is a whiz with her new silhouette Cameo & I'm so glad that she's here to share it with you too! You can find Lori and some of her creations on her blog It's About Time & at The Paperie. 

Take it away Lori...

Good day everyone! This is Lori and I'm taking over Krista's blog today! While Krista is living it up on vacation I'm here making sure her blog doesn't get lonely while she's gone.
In early November,  Krista and I, as well as over 70 other women participated in The Paperie 's 15th Scrapbook Retreat at the Wilds. During the retreat, I demoed the Silhouette Cameo.

The Cameo is such an awesome machine and is the ultimate scrapbooking tool! I bought my Cameo just over a month ago and I am in LOVE! I have used it to make many awesome diecuts for backgrounds, titles and embelishments for my layouts. You can also create cards, 3D ornaments and home decor projects using this machine. Check out the Silhouette blog or do a search on Pinterest for some awesome projects. You can cut thin chipboard and acetate, various thicknesses of cardstock, glitter paper,foil, sticker paper sheets, some vinyl's and fabric.

sample die cuts chipboard acetate

The machine allows you to cut images in the finest detail and the online store has thousands of images, font and die cut files to choose from, with new images added daily. Many awesome scrapbook designers and companies have also designed their own die cut files you can download for a small fee or for free! Here are a few sneak peeks of some layouts I have created using the Cameo! Check my blog for upcoming posts for the complete layouts!

pinking circle silhouette  flourish star heart this moment chevron stripe lo close up

At the Retreat, Krista eyed the Chevron Stripe background Die cut by Studio Calico :

sc chevron stripe pic

Here is the layout I created using this die cut:

heart this moment chevron stripe lo

I added different pieces of pattern paper to the back of the diecut and then I used pop dots to pop up the chevron die cut. I centered it on a piece of white embossed cardstock. I then used the leftover pieces on my cutting mat and added them to the layout. I added my pic and some hearts and sticker words. The title was made using my silhouette cameo using a cut file designed by Ali Edwards and the Arial Narrow font from my PC. Yeah the Cameo cuts your own fonts on your PC-another reason I love this machine.

Here is a close up:

luv this moment


I  cut the same file for Krista and this is the awesome layout she created. I love that she added photos behind the chevron die cut! Such a creative gal that Krista is!

IMG_1984

I also gave the die cut to a few other Retreat participants to participate in the challenge on my blog 'It's About Time'-so be sure to check that out! I'm sure you will see some layouts in the near future of Krista using some die cut files using the Cameo and I know she will rock it!

If any of you have used a Silouette die cut we would love to see what you've made with it! Link us up in the comments.

Have a beautiful day!

xoxo
L

2 comments:

  1. Wich acetate did you use? I have a Cameo since 2 weeks ago and I'm so disappointed about my skills to make masks. I bough a heavy acetate and doesn't cut it. I tried with a thin one and it broked with the moroccan pattern... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making it so hard for me not to buy one of these machines! Wanted one for Christmas but a January surgery meant I needed a treadmill instead also nice but not as creative! Love the pages!

    ReplyDelete