Monday, January 6, 2014

Completed: December Daily 2013

I don't know about you but my December was literally a blur. It was a frenzy of activity, traditions, holiday parties, baking, snow & general holiday insanity.

Honestly, I started the month with awesome intentions! I thought I would get a chance to work on my December Daily a few times throughout the month but no such luck. I'm not totally unrealistic-I knew that doing a DD daily was not in the cards for me but I usually print pictures on the weekends and have some time to sit down and put together the previous week in one shot. I didn't crack the spine until December 23rd.  In fact, my scrapbooking table remained piled high with stuff-new product, class kits & supplies, wrapping paper & tools.

See, we decided to lay hardwood in our hallway last month. Or rather, my Dad is awesome and laid hardwood for us two weeks before Christmas. It looks amazing and I am very grateful the awful carpet is gone but it created a mess in the scrapbooking room as it became a bit of a catch all for the tools- saws, hardwood, scraps, screwdrivers, you name it. It really put a damper on my crafting process.

But I finally got around to printing photos and cleaning up the room the weekend before Christmas. I had everything ready to go for Crop night at my LSS on December 22nd. I packed, got the photos developed & then I forgot to bring the album with me. Yep. I was bummed.

So finally, two days before Christmas I started it. And then I vowed to finish it before the end of December. And I did.

There are so many photos to share from a full album so instead of posting each one I created a slideshow using Flikr.


Created with flickr slideshow.

If you're still interested in a closer look you can check out the set of pictures on my flikr page here.

The album I used is by Studio Calico's Magical collection. For the contents of this album I used mainly the December Daily kit created by The Paperie. I did add some stamps from my collection & some other embellishments like the gold thickers you see throughout the album in addition to the kit.

If you are still trying to finish your DD, or still in the holiday spirit, I've also been closely watching a few others creations via their blogs including Ali's. Here are a few links to some bloggers whose December daily posts I loved this season:

Ali Edwards: Studio AE
Layle Koncar: 6 Degrees
Kelly Purkey: It's me, KP
Amy Tangerine
Gerelyn Sy: In A Creative Bubble
Elsie of A Beautiful Mess

Just a little extra inspiration for you this week if you haven't finished yours yet. If you're working on yours I'd love to see it & if you're procrastinating, don't worry! It will all get done eventually! My recommendation is to carve out some time to create for yourself! Schedule it in and treat it like an appointment you can't miss! It will feed your soul & get it crossed off your list.

xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment